Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Training

I hope you like the look of the new homepage. I figure I don't want everyone to have to be subjected to my training posts, but if you want to see them, you can find them here.

Training is coming along pretty well. We have had 2 Saturday long run trainings. As we are still early on, they were relatively short. The first was 1-2 miles and the second 2-3. I've decided to stay in the top range, so I never have to make a drastic mileage jump (thanks Hanako, for your reasoning). I also run 30minutes on Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday; 20 minutes on Friday (I've been counting soccer); Sunday is a rest day and Tuesday is a cross-train or rest day. I've already noticed a difference in how I feel during the 30min runs and during my soccer games. Its great to see such quick results.

On Saturday was had a ChiRunning clinic (www.chirunning.com), where we learned about controlling your movements so that you are not exerting excess energy. I found it very helpful, and I'm glad to have an ideal running form in my head, so that I can concentrate on that during my runs.

Tonight was an injury prevention clinic. A PT talked to us about body movements and preventing injuries. He recommended we do some strength training for our running muscles, while doing a type of motion used in running. So, I hope to try to incorporate some of those exercises into my weekly training.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.