Sunday, April 29, 2007

18 miles

I just emerged from my ice bath. I decided that 18 miles had wreaked havoc on my body, and I will do whatever it takes to deaden the pain. An ice bath was my only option. I poured a 5gallon jug of ice water into the tub and filled it with cold water. I put on a jacket and lied there for about ten minutes up to my waist. It wasn't too bad. Maybe it wasn't cold enough. I hope it helps.

Those 18 mies were quite a journey this morning! Crystal and I set out at 6am this morning for our adventure. For anyone in Tucson, here is some perspective: we ran along the river path starting at Children's Memorial Park (just west of Oracle), we headed west to start and went to "stone henge" (1.5miles out). Then we head back east for a looooooooooooong time. All the way to Craycroft! At Craycroft we turned around and headed back to the park. In all it too us a long time. I'll leave it at that. We had a couple of bathroom stops along the way, and we had to re-fill our water bottles a couple of times. Crystal also had some knee pain that kept us walking more than we would have liked there in the middle. She's a trooper though, and we both made it the whole way! :)

We had to do our run today because we participated in a Team yard sale yesterday morning. That was fun, and I got to get rid of some junk, and raise some money at the same time.
Anyone want to buy me this:


Because I really want it!!!!

1 comment:

Hanako said...

ha ha good luck with that! i have the model lower - but with the heart rate monitor - and i love it - but the newer version is much cuter looking. anyway, congrats on the 18 miles! i did my first ice bath after 18 miles here too! and pretty sure i'm doing one on saturday after our 21. i can't believe how close we're getting! can't wait to see you guys!