Monday, February 02, 2004

Climb to Conquer Cancer

The American Cancer Society’s Climb to Conquer Cancer is coming up on Saturday, March 6 from 8am – 12pm, starting at Pima College West and ending at the top of “A” Mountain. This is non-competitive, it’s not a run, we can take our time. MARK YOUR CALENDARS!! We have decided to do this as a team. We would love to have everyone who can join us to do so. However, we have a close deadline!! I just found out about all of this recently, so I apologize for the short notice.

As a team, we get shirts printed up with our submitted design. If you want to be on the team AND RECEIVE THE PERSONALIZED SHIRT I need all of your registration information and money ($40) by THIS THURSDAY NIGHT (2/5/04). If you can’t get it to me by then, you can still be on the team and walk with us, only your t-shirt won’t be personalized, so don’t let the deadline deter you. In this case you can register anytime including the day of the race (day of the race registration fee is $45)

What you need to do to join us:
Email me: marisaallen@hotmail.com
With the following information:
Name, Home Address (street, city, state, zip), Telephone (day/night), Email, T-shirt Size (S,M,L,XL,XXL or Youth M, L), Are you a cancer survivor? (Yes/No)
I also need a check for $40 for adults and $10 for children under 12. I also need your signature.
Since this is a lot to get together in 2 days, I’m willing to work with you! I’m sure it will be ok if I cannot get everyone’s signature by Friday, but I do need the check. We can arrange to meet, or I can pick up a check or it can be mailed to me, dropped off at Josh’s house, or my house (I live in the Campbell/Glenn area). Please let me know what will work for you and leave me your phone number so that we can make arrangements.

If you cannot walk with us, don’t worry, you can still be involved. We will be taking donations, plus there is an opportunity to purchase a flag to honor Josh. The flags are placed along the walkway on top of A Mountain. They are $15 a piece. Email me if you would like more information about that, or about making a donation.
QUESTIONS?! Email me! (you can also talk to my mom or Gretchen)

No comments: