Thursday, March 18, 2004

Awareness

Well, it’s been a while since the last update. I’ve been pretty busy on my next endeavor. First things first, though. Josh has been doing pretty well over the last week, with the exception of the last couple of days. He seems to have developed a possible kidney infection, so please say a prayer for quick healing. Last Wednesday-Friday Josh had another round of chemo, and he will have another next Wednesday. Bobbi and Grami came into town on Monday, so that will be a great big help for everyone here.

As for my newest hobby…I have decided to begin a fundraiser for Josh’s medical bills as well as general cancer research. To do this, I have been making Cancer Awareness Bracelets that I designed. At first I made them just for Josh’s caretakers, but after some praises and requests, I decided to give everyone a chance to own one! You may recognize them from our wrists at the cancer climb. I have put a lot of work into organizing all of this, and I hope that you enjoy. The web address is http://www.memebers.cox.net/cancerawareness Pictures of some of the bracelets are online, but they look even better in real life!! Also, I can always make you a new design, with you in mind. I can also make different colors to represent different cancers (appendix cancer does not have an official color, so I use lavender which represents “general cancer”). So, please take a moment or two to check out the page, and buy yourself, or a loved one, a bracelet.

No comments: