Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Two things I have learned...

First: I finally know that a "runners high" feels like. My 8mile run on Saturday was amazing. It started out rough, and I was dreading the rest of the run. About 3-4 miles into I decided to buck up and concentrate. I ate a Clif power shot to give me some energy, and worked on my form. Shortly thereafter, one of the TNT coaches joined me and ran the rest of the way with me. He was a life saver. Having someone to chat with makes the run go by so much quicker. I was running intervals of 5:1, and with someone there, you can't really make any excuses on why it takes so long to start running again. So, an hour and 45minutes later, I completed 8miles. Crystal had to miss our group run, so she did the run by herself later in the day. She also had a great run, and was pretty pumped by the end.

Second: I learned what an inflamed IT band feels like. I'm sure any runners out there know just what I'm talking about. I had the pain on the outside of my leg, just below my knee. I know my mileage increase is to blame, but it certainly didn't help that I played soccer the night before, and then rode up to Phoenix and back on Saturday. My legs were not happy with me. I ended up taking the day off on Monday, because rest is the best think for IT ban inflammation. Yesterday I did some strength training for my core and my legs, but not much. Today I plan to do a little bit of running, but I will take it slow and be sure to stretch the IT band area, at least as much as I can.

Congratulations to the raffle winners! You should all have been notified and most of you have your prizes, so enjoy! Thank you for participating.

This Saturday is the Climb to Conquer Cancer, so join us if you can. Check www.teamgiant.org for details. Since I will be walking the Climb on Saturday, I will do my 10 mile run on Sunday.

No comments: