Thursday, June 10, 2004

back and forth

Everything is going well now, Josh is stable. He is, however, back in the ICU. His blood pressure dropped a bit low yesterday, and the docs wanted to make sure that he could be very closely monitored. I just came from the hospital and he just finished a walk through the halls, with some assistance from a walker. And that wasn’t the first time today that we went walking! It was definitely great to see that!

Now I get to request a few prayers for myself! Since Josh’s cancer is so rare, I have had quite a few tests done. My CT-scan showed a slight dilation on my appendix, so as a precaution, I’m going to go ahead and have it removed. My surgery is set for June 25, and is going to be minimally invasive. I’m sure you’ve heard of laparoscopic surgery, but I’m going to have needlescopic surgery. This is even less invasive and I shouldn’t have to stay in the hospital overnight.

I have failed to mention this the past month, but I want to give a big THANK YOU to Dan Hubbard from the whole Allen Family. Dan lives in San Diego, but came down to Tucson for many weekends and weekdays, to help us and Josh through this tough time. Thanks Dan! Now that Josh is conscious, he would love to see you!

No comments: