Friday, June 25, 2004

Minus one appendix

Well, I’m home! The surgery went well today, and Dr. Chaisson said that everything looked normal and healthy (even my appendix). So, now we just wait on the biopsy results to confirm that. I was able to leave the hospital around 4:30pm, and have been on my couch ever since. I’m pretty sore, and having problems with nausea, but I’m on plenty of painkillers to get me through it. I figure it’s nothing compared to what Josh has been through, and now I admire him even more just from knowing a tiny taste of his pain.

So, I’ve got 2 little puncture scars, and funky belly button. They should all heal quite well. I even had a ventilator during the surgery, which I wasn’t expecting. Everything went well with that, too. Thanks for all of your prayers and support!

For Josh, please pray that his pain and nausea can be controlled, and of course, for continued strength.

Jake turns 4 tomorrow!! Happy Birthday!

No comments: